Posted on 13 June 2022
The Klarstein Azuria is a dishwasher that is suitable for 6 place settings. Its small dimensions allow you to install it easily in a small space. It is both aesthetic with its pretty glass front and efficient. It is also low on energy consumption (formerly A+) and easy to use. All programs are easily accessible from its front panel.
With its small size, the countertop dishwasher is popular for motor homes and small apartments.
Its capacity is usually 2, 4 or 6 place settings.
The countertop dishwasher generally only needs an electrical connection and a water drain hose.
Depending on the interior dimensions, it is possible to arrange different sizes of dishes.
Some need to be connected to a water supply, others have a tank to be filled manually.
Not all of them accept traditional products, some work with specific cassettes.
Countertop dishwashers offer 3 to 6 programs, including at least one fast and one intensive mode.
The Bob model from Daan Tech is appealing because of its small design and its functionality. Ideal for one or two people, it can easily find a place in a small kitchen, especially since it does not require connection to a water supply thanks to its built-in tank. Moreover, it is easy to use, economical (it consumes between 2.4 L and 3.8 L of water per cycle) and efficient in all circumstances.
This countertop dishwasher is a 6 place setting model that has 6 programs allowing you to choose the right cleaning. Users appreciate it for its efficiency (even on Eco mode) and its low noise operation. In addition, it includes a delayed start, an AquaSensor that detects the degree of soiling and a load sensor for limited water consumption. It should also be noted that it consumes little energy (formerly class A+).
|Our choice, Best budget||Best mid-range||Best high-end|
|Klarstein Azuria||Bob - Daan Tech||Bosch SKS62E22EU|
|This model stands out for its capacity (up to 6 place settings), its neat design and its 6 practical programs. It is also less energy consuming and noisy than other competing models.||Suitable for 2 place settings, it is an ideal choice for one or two people who want to spare themselves the chore of washing up. It stands out thanks to its adjustable basket, its low water consumption and its automatic door opening.||This countertop dishwasher is suitable for 6 place settings. It stands out for its varied programs, its protection against overflow and its low noise level (only 48 dB).|
Oceanic OCEALVC649B (£358.51 upon publication): a low energy model. Suitable for 6 place settings, it stands out for its affordable price and low energy consumption: 1820 L of water/year and 174 kWh/year (formerly class A+). It has 6 cleaning programs and a rinsing liquid and salt indicator. Its noise level reaches 49 dB, which is in the average range. However, some users feel that the basket is poorly arranged: it includes compartments, which limits the available space.
Klarstein Amazonia 6 (£329.99 upon publication): an affordable alternative. This model, with a power of 1380 W, accepts up to 6 complete dishes. It has 6 programs (Intensive, Normal, Eco, Glass, 90 min, Fast) and an LED display that shows the current program. It is equipped with an AquaStop system on the water inlet pipe, which limits the risk of leaks. Its noise level is 49 dB, which is correct. For a mini model, we recommend the Aquatica or the Amazonia Mini, which has a transparent window.
Why trust us ?
Selectos compares and tests hundreds of products to help you buy better. We sometimes receive a commission when you buy through our links, which helps fund our work. Learn more
How to choose your countertop dishwasher?
If you are one of those who cannot stand the chore of washing dishes, a mini model might be the perfect solution. Although countertop dishwashers are not as popular as traditional models, they can be useful in some cases for a quick and effortless dish cleaning. Because of their small size, they are especially popular for motor homes and small households.
We have listed the different features you should pay attention to before buying a countertop dishwasher:
- Number of place settings: countertop dishwashers are suitable for 2, 4 or 6 place settings. They are therefore suitable for the daily dishes of one or two people.
- Programmes: these models have 3 to 6 programs. Among these, you can have a fast mode, an eco mode or a glass mode, for example.
- Operation: depending on your type of use, the installation is different. In an apartment, the appliance can be connected to your plumbing: it needs a water inlet and outlet. In the mobile version, the countertop dishwasher generally has a tank to be filled manually and the dirty water is drained into a sink or a bucket. Note also that not all models accept traditional products, some work with proprietary cassettes (this is notably the case of the Bob model from Daan Tech).
- Dimensions: count between 40 cm and 60 cm wide. The height is limited so that it can be easily installed under a work surface or under high furniture.
- Noise level: it is around 50 dB for this type of model.
- Energy consumption: when an appliance is permanently plugged in, its impact on your overall electricity consumption is significant. It is therefore important to take a look at its energy label, on which you will find its classification from A to G, the latter being the most energy consuming. It also gives you an evaluation of the annual consumption in kW/h, but also of the water consumption in liters for 100 washing cycles.
- Design: in general, they have the advantage of being space-saving. Some have a transparent window (with a lighted interior) and/or a screen that displays the current program. Also check the accessories that come with the machine (carafe, glass holder, cutlery basket, pipes, etc.).
- Safety: dishwashers have an anti-overflow system that automatically triggers a drain if water continuously enters the machine. The Aquastop system, for example, limits the risk of leaks. It is attached directly to the dishwasher’s supply pipe: if a problem is detected, the water supply is automatically cut off.
Translated by Aylin Akturk